FMC Corporation is one the world’s leading specialty chemical companies. We are proud that our chemistries are helping to grow the world’s food, enabling new innovations in the pharmaceutical delivery, enhancing foods and beverages, contributing to a more sustainable energy supply, improving health, and advancing the manufacture of hundreds of essential products.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
Middleport is one of two formulation plants for FMC Agricultural Solutions in the US and play a key role in supporting the business growth. At a high level, this role has overall responsibility and accountability for plant maintenance activities to ensure plant capabilities and efficiencies. Direct and coordinate the safe activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems. Play a key, leadership role in ensuring a safe work environment commensurate with FMC and industry standards; partners with EHS department and all other functional areas in driving this.
- Plan, organize, and direct through plant maintenance group, all aspects of the plant maintenance functions. - Direct maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of power required for operations, including, but not limited to, HVAC and electrical distribution.
-Takes an active, leading role in partnering with EHS department in daily activities (audits, plant tours, and problem solving/resolution) to ensure a safe operation; work cohesively as business partner with EHS to continually evolve safety culture by leveraging maintenance department capabilities/interaction.
- Responsible for build-out and execution of all PM and corporate driven initiatives, stay up to date on relevant training to perform these activities, integrate them into daily operations at the Middleport site
- Develop preventive and preventative maintenance program in conjunction with engineering, maintenance staff, and EHS. - Plan, develop and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve maintenance operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
-Discover, adapt, and lead implementation of new technology; this includes benchmarking, policy development, and training (direct reports and peers)
- Identify and lead technical projects, new product plans, and process reliability improvements, ensuring appropriate tools, equipment and necessary technical expertise are available. Recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Establish and accomplish short and long-range objectives in any area of plant maintenance as necessary or as requested.
- Review production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities. Maintain appropriate documentation and metrics.
- Ensure a competent work force is maintained and properly trained on the process and systems, and supports safe and effective manufacturing. Plan for current, future, and/or fluctuating staffing requirements. Provide for development and growth; assess competencies and build development plans.
- Prepare the departmental budgets and administer and control the approved budget during the business year. Oversee capital improvement projects from idea through commission.
- Exhibit superior safety practices every day evidenced by outstanding housekeeping at all times, ensuring that all FMC Lift critical values are maintained.
- Extend treatment to all other employees of the Company as individuals with the courtesy and dignity shown to customers; function as a business partner throughout the organization.
- Exceed customer quality and service expectations through attention to detail.
- Exercise maximum care to protect the environment by fostering and supporting Responsible Care operating policies and standards.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in driving a proactive safety culture that aims to improve the integrity of applicable processes and systems. Analyze and improve work processes. Generate ideas for cost reduction and quality improvements.
B.S. in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Demonstrated project management skills, as well as the ability to analyze and improve processes.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of supervision/management experience in industrial/manufacturing maintenance.
- Commitment to teamwork and team based systems.
- Strong mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation knowledge preferred.
- Strong mathematical skills and statistical analysis methodology.
- Working knowledge of SAP, including maintenance module, inventory, and procurement functions
- Excellent listening, coaching, and communication skills.
- Must have experience working in a union environment.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. FMC supports a drug-free workplace.