FMC Corporation is one the world’s leading specialty chemical companies. We are proud that our chemistries are helping to grow the world’s food, enabling new innovations in the pharmaceutical delivery, enhancing foods and beverages, contributing to a more sustainable energy supply, improving health, and advancing the manufacture of hundreds of essential products.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
The Product Development Manager, Insecticides oversees the Global Specialty Solutions projects and product development activities for insecticides globally. This position works closely with Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Formulations, other PDM’s, Key Account Managers, Key Customers, and Global Development to apply broad product development knowledge, implement project plans and prioritize product development investments for existing and new products. Reports to the Director, Product Development and Regulatory Affairs.
• Leads product development program designed to meet business objectives for insecticides (generally 5-10 projects annually) with FMC internal resources, external research cooperators, and collaborators.
• Ensures technical information meets the highest scientific standards, and provides quality technical results, data interpretation and summarization to support and reinforce product positioning and business recommendations developed from these results. Works with external researchers and collaborators to ensure testing is managed appropriately and is cost effective, with timely logging and entry of appropriate data into the global field trial database
• Oversees the development and tracking of integrated project plans. Establishes and maintains project communications, oversees project estimations and the development of project deliverables, and establishes and maintains processes to manage scope throughout the project lifecycle. Identifies and leads resolution of project issues. Sets project quality and performance standards, and manages risk over the project lifecycle. Maintains project tracking and information systems. Serves as project contact for the business.
• Works with project teams to ensure maximum performance. Provides direction to meet goals, and clarifies and communicates project objectives and success criteria. Ensures key project roles and responsibilities are defined. Ensures the use of best practices and applies lessons learned from previous projects. Ensures a positive, collaborative work environment for the team.
• Serves as the resident expert for insecticides and provides product development and technical understanding among GSS personnel. Collaborates within GSS and network with colleagues in the broader FMC organization to optimize technical solutions and maximize the value to FMC. Works with third party and Global Development personnel to draft protocols and manage data findings, develop and implement project related field studies.
• Identifies new development/commercial opportunities and make recommendations necessary to promote decisions that benefit the business.
• Develops external technical credibility as demonstrated through publications and presenting at scientific meetings or trade organizations.
PhD in entomology or technical field related to pest control with 5+ years experience in Product Development of non-agricultural insect control products; MS in entomology considered with 8+ years experience
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. FMC supports a drug-free workplace.