FMC Corporation is one the world’s leading specialty chemical companies. We are proud that our chemistries are helping to grow the world’s food, enabling new innovations in the pharmaceutical delivery, enhancing foods and beverages, contributing to a more sustainable energy supply, improving health, and advancing the manufacture of hundreds of essential products.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
FMC Corporation is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, lead and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and to love doing it. FMC is a S&P 500, diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally for more than a century. As a global leader utilizing advanced technologies and customer-focused research and development, FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to food, agriculture, pharmaceutical, specialty and related industries.
Together with team member, responsible for the safe operation of equipment to process materials into finished goods and to package and prepare finished goods for distribution. Able to commit to a common purpose and set of related performance goals for which the group holds itself jointly accountable.
Product batch making:
- Safely produce product within the scheduled demand time
- Charge the system with the appropriate materials according to the product recipe PWO’s
- Pull off product from the batch and package into the appropriate vessels
- Troubleshoot equipment on an as needed basis
- Log the process and product data in the appropriate database or data system
- Interface with the process line OLC’s and computer databases throughout the production process
- Pull samples of the finished product for analysis
Packaging of finished products – safely and efficiently package finished goods for distribution:
- Set up and operate packaging equipment according to packaging and product requirements
- Label boxes and containers appropriately to match product need
- Sample finished goods as needed for laboratory analysis
- Check packaged product weights for accuracy using scale equipment
- Confirm and log batch identification data
- Palletize product boxes, totes and U-turns and warehouse as appropriate
Process monitoring and personnel guidance – ensure the safe operation of equipment through process application and safe behavior work actions:
- Ensure that all team members follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for appropriate plant processes (Formulation production, packaging, warehousing, maintenance, etc.) through observation and feedback.
- Ensure that all team members follow the appropriate safety procedures at the plant through observation and feedback and safe work permit and hot permit use.
- Communicate with team members about process problems, personnel issues, process improvement ideas and safety issues to ensure proper problem resolution.
- Team is responsible to keep areas clear of clutter, trash and environmental hazards
Perform equipment and general maintenance on an as needed basis:
- Fabricate plant equipment and building/process structure on an as needed basis (e.g. duct work, ladders, dikes, etc.) – will need to utilize carpentry, masonry and welding skills
- Provide preventative maintenance on process and plant equipment on an as needed basis
- Clean out process and packaging equipment including dismantling and making routine and non-routine repairs during a product change
Support shipping to ensure proper warehousing or products and to meet on-time shipping and off hour deliveries:
- Load and unload freight trucks in the absence of shipping/receiving team.
- Move stock using a fork truck to the appropriate warehousing location.
- Prepare products for shipping by attaching the appropriate prepared paperwork and receive verification of receipts by freight drivers.
Implement improvements in all aspects of work flow
Some high school or equivalent.
Experience working in a manufacturing environment and operating a fork lift.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. FMC supports a drug-free workplace.