FMC Corporation is one the world’s leading specialty chemical companies. We are proud that our chemistries are helping to grow the world’s food, enabling new innovations in the pharmaceutical delivery, enhancing foods and beverages, contributing to a more sustainable energy supply, improving health, and advancing the manufacture of hundreds of essential products.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
Responsible for production process improvement, project execution and production support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible to initiate and/or approve MOC requests to include action items, training, PSSR’s, etc. and communicate changes.
• Responsible to assist in incident investigations, identifying root causes and appropriate corrective actions to improve safety and environmental performance at the Bessemer City site.
• Responsible to lead Process Hazards Analysis teams.
• Responsible for PSI manuals.
• Responsible to resolve high risk scenario action items generated from PHA teams, etc.
• Responsible to support the site’s safety efforts through activities such as safety observations and key safety procedure audits.
• Responsible to apply principles of engineering to solve health safety, and environmental problems.
• Leverage performance data (OEE) to identify and prioritize production bottlenecks and issues. Responsible to lead OEE analysis and problem solving.
• Establish cross functional root cause analysis teams and develop action plans to address production issues.
• Responsible to analyze process data, operating procedures and equipment functions to improve product quality, reduce processing time, increase yields or reduce waste generation as part of driving continuous improvement.
• Responsible to perform tests and take measurements throughout the stages of production to determine degree of control over variables such as temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure.
• Responsible to evaluate and approve all final design documents such as P&ID’s, equipment specs, drawing releases. Etc.
• Responsible to assess and facilitate improvement of current plant processes based on need.
• May be involved or responsible to lead the customer complaint process.
• Conduct MOC for processes and product changes and communicate changes.
• Responsible to assist in the developing of programs for the training of engineers, operators, transfer of technology, and the preparation of Standard Operating Procedures.
• Accountable as a resource in the recruiting process in the area which includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
• Responsible to execute small to medium sized projects in support of improving and optimizing process performance. Develops and maintains a budget and schedule for the assigned engineering project. Drafts IRE, AFE and other documents necessary to obtain funding approval.
• Responsible to assess new process technology for existing business products based on need an opportunity.
• Responsible to ensure BOMs are accurate for products.
Internal: Engineering, Maintenance Dept., Division Leadership, Site & Corporate EHS, Supply Chain, Research & Development.
External: Marketing/Sales, Manufacturing, Customers; Toll manufacturing operations; Business alliance partners and joint ventures; Research alliance partners
Minimum of BS in Chemical Engineering
Strong knowledge of chemical processing with the ability to solve complex chemical engineering process problems. Experience must include exposure to production and process functions; experience in a PSM covered process (preferred). 4+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficient in Project Management & AFE Process
• Presentation skills, public speaking
• Knowledge of PSM, LOPA, PHA, EHS Policy/Procedures/SOP,
• Environmental Regulations Specific to Plant Processes
• Proficiency in DCS/PLC Process Control
• Comfortable being out in the plant
• Good composure
• Familiar with Lean manufacturing principles, OAU
• Lead investigations
• Identify through observation bottlenecks and issues to help the existing production process run better
• Execute projects up to $100k
• Effective communicator, up and down
• Conducting Root Cause Analysis and identifying preventative / corrective actions
• P&ID development
• Complete Mass and Energy Balances on unit operations to processes
• Provide process data to size pumps, exchangers, control valves, flow meters and other basic equipment or unit operations
• Basic systematic troubleshooting
• Proficient in Excel and other MS Office products
• Familiar with and know how to read single line diagrams, piping isometrics, tank and equipment drawings
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. FMC supports a drug-free workplace.